6.03.2012

Gorgeous Graphite

Oh how I love this color. Graphite. It's not a color I'd naturally choose to decorate with - I'm more of a white-trim, white furniture, white everything kind a gal. However, everytime I paint with Graphite, I fall in love all over again.

This fun piece will be used as an entertainment center in my client's home.  She opted for no hardware and clean lines. The piece has built in hand grips underneath each shelf, so it's perfect just as it is!  I love the simplicity about it. It's certainly a statement piece.





For anyone interested, here is how it looked before it's makeover . . .



6 comments:

  1. Love it! Graphite is a gorgeous color! It seems to look different colors in different lighting. I mixed Old White and Graphite to make a charcoal color for a dresser I did! Congrats on being recognized at Miss Mustard Seed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Great furniture makeover.

    -Erin @ DIY On the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This turned out great. I've always thought one of those dressers would look great painted. Maybe one day I'll try painting one for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - and thinking about using graphite. Is this 100% graphite, with dark wax or clear wax? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments! This is 100% graphite with clear. Good luck!

      Delete