7.09.2012

Classic Beauty


We found this dresser at a local thrift shop.  I was instantly attracted to its shape and unique details - oh.the.potential! I couldn't wait to get my hands on it!  :)




A new client of mine reserved it, requested a classic black and found the most perfect hardware for it.
Her vision was absolutely perfect . . .








The mercury glass hardware is simply stunning and it turns this classic beauty into more of a statement piece.  I've said this before and I'll say it again - I'm not a huge fan of black furniture - but this is one piece I'd gladly keep in my own home!

Linking up to:
Primitive and Proper
Coastal Charm
Tuesdays Treasures
Embracing Change
Miss Mustard Seed
Elizabeth & Co

15 comments:

  1. Very, very nice! I have yet to paint a piece in black, but this is gorgeous. I love the mercury glass pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't painted a piece of furniture black in a long time and this makes me want to find the perfect piece to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always leary of doing too many black pieces too, but this is absolutely perfect!!! Love the mercury glass pulls too- where did your client find them?? Beautiful job staging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! those knobs add the perfect glam touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black was a great choice! And those knobs... wow, they're pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would ALSO love to know who carries this mercury glass knobs?

    Small House / Big Sky Donna
    http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way the knobs pop against the black! Classic with a little bit of bling! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Featured you this morning! Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color and love those mercury glass knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An author must have a vast knowledge of vocabulary. The dictionary of a writer must be full of new english vocabulary to make their work more attractive. Use of new words makes their work more valuable and graceful. Wall To Glass Support Bar

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog resolved all my queries I had in my mind. Really helpful and supportive subject matter written in all the points. Hard to find such kind of blogs as descriptive and accountable to your doubts. Round Handrail Supports

    ReplyDelete