I found this chair at Good Will this weekend
and I was instantly motivated to try a (new-to-me)
dry brush technique on it.
It was a whopping $4.00 so it certainly would not
be a costly mistake should it not turn out.
Here is how the chair looked when I loaded it up in my car.
I first painted it Paris Grey and once that dried,
I dry brushed Old White over it. It turned out just as I was hoping.
I love the results. The white highlights all of the chair's unique detailing.
After some light distressing, I buffed the entire piece
and the chair frame was finished.
On to the chair seat.
The existing material just wasn't doing it for me -
I pretty much ripped the fabric off as soon as I could get my hands on it.
I decided to cover it with a nautical linen that I've had for a little while.
I love the blue paired with the soft gray frame.
I originally wasn't planning on keeping this chair,