7.09.2012

Classic Beauty


We found this dresser at a local thrift shop.  I was instantly attracted to its shape and unique details - oh.the.potential! I couldn't wait to get my hands on it!  :)




A new client of mine reserved it, requested a classic black and found the most perfect hardware for it.
Her vision was absolutely perfect . . .








The mercury glass hardware is simply stunning and it turns this classic beauty into more of a statement piece.  I've said this before and I'll say it again - I'm not a huge fan of black furniture - but this is one piece I'd gladly keep in my own home!

Linking up to:
Primitive and Proper
Coastal Charm
Tuesdays Treasures
Embracing Change
Miss Mustard Seed
Elizabeth & Co

16 comments:

  1. Very, very nice! I have yet to paint a piece in black, but this is gorgeous. I love the mercury glass pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't painted a piece of furniture black in a long time and this makes me want to find the perfect piece to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always leary of doing too many black pieces too, but this is absolutely perfect!!! Love the mercury glass pulls too- where did your client find them?? Beautiful job staging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! those knobs add the perfect glam touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black was a great choice! And those knobs... wow, they're pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would ALSO love to know who carries this mercury glass knobs?

    Small House / Big Sky Donna
    http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way the knobs pop against the black! Classic with a little bit of bling! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Featured you this morning! Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color and love those mercury glass knobs!

    ReplyDelete